NEWS & UPDATES
Red Rocks Amphitheatre implements new ticket purchase and seating process to ensure access for fans with accessibility needs
New ticketing and seating procedures are being implemented for concerts at Red Rocks Amphitheatre in 2018 in order to improve access for fans with accessibility needs, venue management has announced.
The most significant changes primarily affect the first four rows in the venue, including seats meant for patrons with disabilities which are most likely to be fraudulently purchased and then resold on the secondary ticket market. Beginning with the 2018 concert season, those tickets must be used by the purchaser, who will be seated only with identification. AXS’s Flash Seats digital ticketing system currently in use at other local venues, including Pepsi Center, will be the only ticketing method allowed in these seats. Flash Seats will also be the preferred delivery method for other seats in the venue.
“With these new procedures we are excited to put tickets in the hands of fans who truly need these accessible seats so they can experience the magic of Red Rocks,” said Red Rocks venue manager Tad Bowman.
Changes that will affect Red Rocks shows after Feb. 1, 2018 include:
- Flash Seats will be the mandatory method of delivery for tickets in the first four rows of the venue.
- Digital tickets will be delivered to the original purchaser’s registered Flash Seats account.
- Ticket holders in Row 1 will be required to confirm the need for accessible seating when making the purchase and will be required to show photo ID matching the original purchaser when being seated.
- All members of the original purchaser’s ticketed party must arrive together at the venue gates for entry into the venue, and again at the designated section. On arriving at the seating area, those with tickets in the first row will receive wrist bands allowing access to the seats.
- Attendees arriving separately from the original purchaser will not be allowed entry into the venue.
- With Flash Seats, a registered Flash Seats ID or Red Rocks Mobile App – available by April 1 – will be required for entry at the venue gates. No paper or print-at-home tickets will be allowed for entry at the gates.
- Refunds may not be given for violations of the above terms and conditions.
Tickets go on sale this week for a number of shows in the 2018 Red Rocks season including Niall Horan, Brandi Carlile, Barenaked Ladies, X Ambassadors and more. The new ticketing process will be in effect for these shows.
New ticketing procedures do not affect specialty programs like the venue’s fitness programs or Film on the Rocks.